Upon first arriving in any place, we focus on getting to know and analyzing the population’s socioeconomic conditions. This is the starting point so that in the future, we can interactively design social intervention programs with the communities and the state in line with our policies and according to local needs.
So that the communities have a better quality of life during and after the mining operations, we base our practices on compliance with our principles of action:
- Respect for the law
- Development of exploration and production activities while maintaining a healthy environment
- Transparent action
- Respect for society’s cultural diversity, values and autonomy
- Ongoing communication and relations with the population and institutions in the area.
- Not replacing the duties of the state or citizens
- Commitment to sustainability
- Respect for agreements made
- Support for the sustainable development of communities located in the areas of influence
We believe that environmentally and socially responsible mining is the way to achieve positive results for local communities. We remain committed to generating employment, driving local economic activity, and through our operations, providing resources that benefit the region and the country, helping to improve their quality of life.
We carry out our activities based on interactive processes agreed and coordinated with governments, communities and other participants in development, aiming to sustainably use local resources so that they generate opportunities and wealth, greater social wellbeing, and better regional management.
We have four lines of social intervention, which we implement in any place where the Company operates: Local Governance, Environment, Social Development and Economic Development, and different subcomponents that help us to focus social investment.